Needs for Establishment
1. Providing diagnostic services for soil testing, plant and livestock health.
2. Supplying research products such as seeds and other planting materials, poultry strains, etc. emerging from the institution for testing and adopting by various clientele.
3. Disseminating information through published literature and communication materials as well as audio-visuals aids.
1. Seeds of field crops, vegetables and other horticultural crops.
2. Nursery plants of vegetables, fruits and ornamental plants.
4. IPM-organic and bio-pesticides including NPV.
5. Small Farm Implements.
6. Tissue cultured plant materials.
7. Processed products and by-products of cereals, Oilseeds, Pulses, Vegetables, Fruits, Mushrooms including spawn, Honey, Milk, Meat and Fish etc.
8. Poultry strains, livestock breeds, semen, fish seed etc.
9. Agricultural equipments and drawing of designs.
10. Vermi-culture and Vermicompost.
11. Vaccine/diagonostic kit.
12. Microbial culture for milk and milk products.
1. Soil testing.
2. Seed Quality testing.
3. Plants health clinic.
4. Veterinary/animal clinics for small and large animals.
5. Testing and calibration of agricultural equipments and implements.
6. Projects profiles and consultancy.
7. On-farm consultancy for farmers/orchardists
ATIC has sold rice seeds of different varieties, vegetable seeds, planting materials, processed products like tea, black pepper, honey etc, Besides, the fresh vegetables like cabbage, tomato, brinjal. lemon, capsicum, beans, cucumber etc. have been sold in the daily sale counter of ATIC.
Scientists involved in ATIC activities and other staff of the university provide technical guidance to the farmers through individual, farm and home visit, personal contact and correspondences. Similarly, farmers including farm women regularly visit to us for seeking guidance in agricultural technology, animal production, livestock management, sericulture, home science and other farm problems and they are well attended by scientists/staff of the university. Scientist also respond urgent call on farm problems encountered by Department of Agriculture, Veterinary, Fishery and Sericulture etc. A well knit liaison also exists with different funding agencies such as NABARD, Nationalized Bank, DRDA etc.