1. State Merit Scholarship : 80% of the total students admitted in each department (students belonging to the State of Assam) are eligible subject to attainment of G.P.A. of 7.5 and above in 10.00 scale for Masters and G.P.A. of 8.00 and above in 10.00 scale for Ph.D. scholars. Amount of State Merit Scholarship is Rs. 1,200.00 p.m. for Masters and Rs.1,600.00 for Ph.D scholars.
2. INSPIRE fellowship: Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India is awarding INSPIRE fellowship to Ph.D scholars of Assam Agricultural University. The student admitted with highest CGPA in Master Degree Programme in each department are eligible for the fellowship. Presently 7 (seven) No. of student (2 from the Faculty of Veterinary Science & 5 from the Faculty of Agriculture) are enjoying the fellowship @Rs.2,57,600.00 per annum.
3. Rajiv Gandhi National Scholarship: University Grants Commission, New Delhi awarding Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship to post graduate students belonging to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe. Amount of fellowship for Masters programme is Rs. 92,000/- per annum and Rs. 3,00,000/- for Ph.D. programme.
4. Bayer Fellowship: Bayer crop science ltd has inititaed bayer fellowship programme at AAU, Jorhat from the academic session 2015-16 for the Masters and Ph.D. scholars of the faculty of Agriculture.
5. DBT Fellowship: Awarded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India.
6. ICAR JRF/SRF: Indian Council of Agricultural Research has been awarding SRF, JRF PG students of the university.
Students receiving various scholarships/fellowships during the academic session 2015-16
|#||Name of the fellowship||Amounts(per year)||Number of students||Remarks|
|01||INSPIRE Fellowship||₹ 2,57,600.00||32||Ph.D. students only|
|02||Rajiv Gandhi National Scholarship||₹ 92,000.00||5||Masters programme|
|₹ 3,00,000.00||Ph.D. programme|
|06||Govt of India||2|
|08||Bayer||₹ 1,20,000.00||2||Ph.D. students|
|₹ 72,000.00||4||Masters students|
|09||State merit||744||Master's and Ph.D. students|