Agricultural technology information center (ATIC)
The Agricultural technology information center (ATIC) established in
january 22,2003 at Assam Agricultural University is intended to provide
information technology for desemmination to the farmers through single
window delivery system
The needs for establishment of such ATIC are:
- Providing diagonistic services for soil testing , plants and livestock
- Suppling research products such as seeds and otherplanting materials,
poultry strains, livestock breeds fish seeds, processed products,
etc. emerging form institution for testing and adopting by various
- Desseminating information through published literature and communication
materials as well as audio-visual aids.
- Providing and oppurtunity to the institution to have resource
The objectives for establishment of such a center as a single window
- To provide 'single window' delivery system for the products and
species available from the university to the farmers and other interested
groups as a process of innovativeness in technology disemination.
- To facilate direct-access to the farmers to the resources available
at the university in terms of technology, advice, technology products
etc. for reducing technology dessemination losses; and
- To provide machanism for feedback form the users to the university.
- Technology products.
- Seeds of field, vegetables and horticultural crops.
- Nursery plants of vegetables, fruits and ornamental plants.
- IPM - Organic and Bio-Pesticides
- Small farm implements
- processed products and by-products of crops including tea, mushrooms,
honey, milk, fish etc,.
- Poultry straints livestock breeds, semen, fish, fish, seeds
- Agricultural equipments and drawing of designs
- vermi culture and vermi compost
- vaccine/Diagonostic kit
- Microbial culture for milk and milk products.
- Soil testing
- Seeds quality testing
- Plants health clinic
- Veterinary / animal clinics
- Testing and calibration of agricultural equipments
- Project profile and consultancy
- Testing of milk and milk products
- On farm consultancy for farmer/ orchardist
- Farm literature-leaflet, pamplet, journals/magagines etc.
- Audio-Visual cassettes/ Compact disc of crops and other enterprises
- Exhibits including transpancies
The services rendered by ATIC during 2003-2008 is summarised below
- Farmer visits:
10,850 had visited during last five years
- Products solds: The center has sold paddy seeds of different
high yeilding varieties, Vegetable seeds, technology production like
Bio-fertilizers vermicomposts etc. processed products like Tea, Black
pepper, honey etc. besides fresh vegetables like cabbage, tomato brinjal,
lemon, capsicum, beans, cucumber through the ATIC sales counter.
- Planting materials : Chrysanthenum seedlings, litchi, guava,
coconut, lemon, sapling and banana suckers were sold thorugh ATIC
- Publication: we are providing different extension leaflets/
bulettins on various technologies generated by Assam Agricultural University