Important information for admission into various Undergraduate and Post-graduate Degree Programmes of AAU for the year 2017-18
The following is the schedule of admission for the academic year 2017-18
1. Issue of Notification for Veterinary Entrance Test (VET) : April 24, 2017 (Monday)
2. Online application for Veterinary Entrance Test (VET) : April 24 to May 31, 2017
3. Issue of admission notification for UG & PG degree programmes : June 1, 2017 (Thursday)
4. Online application for UG & PG degree programmes : June 1 to July 7, 2017
5. Date of Veterinary Entrance Test (At Jorhat , Khanapara & Biswanath Chariali) : June 18, 2017 (Sunday)
6. Date of reporting at respective College/Hostel : July 31, 2017 (Monday)
7. Date of orientation/starting classes : August 01, 2017 (Tuesday)
8. Date of second counseling for all eligible candidates subject to : August 07, 2017 (Monday) availability of vacant seats for all degree programmes (At Jorhat only, for all the programmes)
Schedule of Counseling and Admission
Venue : Dr. M. C. Das Memorial Auditorium, Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
Time : 9.00 A.M.
|Undergraduate Degree Programmes
||Date & Day
||Category of candidates and Percentage of Marks
1. All categories of candidates qualified in VET for admission into B. V. Sc & A.H. (Based on merit)
2. NEC -sponsored & departmental candidates deputed by the Govt./Govt. Agencies & candidates from tea growing states of India other then Assam to specialize in Tea Husbandry & Technology under the Faculty of Agriculture.
3. Candidates under "Rest of India" quota in Horticulture & Sericulture .
All degree programmes for all categories of candidates belonging to the State of Assam passing 10+2 examination in science stream other than B. V. Sc & A.H viz.,
1. B.Sc(Hons) Agriculture
2. B.Sc.(Hons) Horticulture
3. B.Sc.(Hons) Sericulture
5. B.Sc.(Hons) Community Science
Counseling for NRI and NRI sponsored candidates, the quota against Kashmiri migrants for all degree programmes and Higher Fee Category candidates for B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture programme will be held on 22-07-2017 (Saturday).
|Master's Degree Programmes
||M. Sc. (Agri)/MBA/M.Sc(Food Technology)
||Ph.D Degree Programmes
||For all disciplines across the faculties
Instruction for the Candidates
1. The candidates are required to submit the application online. Request for change of data and other information in the submitted application will not be entertained in any case.
2. No separate call letters will be issued to the candidates for appearing in the counseling. The list of candidates in order of merit will be uploaded in the University website, www.aau.ac.in on July 10, 2017
3. The candidate shall have to submit the payment slips(s), Confirmation Sheet and self-attested copies of all relevant testimonials at the time of counseling, failure of which will result in cancellation of his/her candidature. The candidate must produce the testimonials in original during counseling.
4. Candidates, if selected, shall have to take admission immediately after the counseling on payment of necessary fees as given in the Information Bulletin. A candidate failing to take admission on the day shall forfeit the seat.
5. Failure to report to the Selection Committee in person as per time schedule shall have no claim for the seat.
6. Appearing in the counseling does not guarantee right to admission in any programme. Selection Committee reserves the right to accept or reject a candidate under the rules.
7. In case the seats are exhausted before all the candidates appear for counseling, the University will not be responsible for non-availability of seats.
8. Candidates once admitted, inter-college transfer will not be permitted in subsequent counseling(s)
9. No relaxation on the above is allowed under any circumstances.