Important information for admission into various Undergraduate and Post-graduate Degree Programmes of AAU for the year 2018-19
The following is the schedule of admission for the academic year 2018-19
1. Issue of Notification for Veterinary Entrance Test (VET) : April 28, 2018 (Saturday)
2. Online application for Veterinary Entrance Test (VET) : April 28 to May 31, 2018
3. Issue of admission notification for UG & PG degree programmes : June 1, 2018 (Friday)
4. Online application for UG & PG degree programmes : June 1 to June 30, 2018
5. Date of Veterinary Entrance Test ((At Biswanah Chariali, Guwahati & Jorhat)) : June 17, 2018 (Sunday)
6. Declaration of VET result : June 25, 2018 (Monday)
7. Date of reporting at respective College/Hostel : July 31, 2018 (Tuesday)
8. Date of orientation/starting classes : August 01, 2018 (Wednesday)
9. Date of second counseling for all eligible candidates subject to : August 07, 2018 (Tuesday) availability of vacant seats for all degree programmes (At Jorhat only, for all the programmes)
10. Date of third counseling for all eligible candidates subject to : August 20, 2018 (Monday) availability of vacant seats for all degree programmes (At Jorhat only, for all the programmes)
11. PG Common Entrance test (CET), 2018 : July 7, 2018, (Saturday)10.00 am-12.00 noon
12. PG Entrance test for Food Technology : July 11, 2018; (Wednesday) 10.00 am-12.00 noon
13. PG Entrance test for MBA (Agri. Business) : July 11, 2018; (Wednesday) 2.00 pm- 4.00 pm
14. Entrance test for Agri. Biotechnology (Masters & Ph.D.) : July 12, 2018; (Thursday) 10.00 am-12.00 noon
15. Entrance test for Animal Biotechnology (Masters & Ph.D). : July 12, 2018; (Thursday) 2.00 pm- 4.00 pm
16. Ph.D. Entrance Test (To be conducted by respective Dept.) : July 14, 2018 (Saturday); 10.00 am-12.00 noon
Schedule of Counseling and Admission
Venue : Dr. M. C. Das Memorial Auditorium, Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
Time : 9.00 A.M.
|Undergraduate Degree Programmes
||Date & Day
||Category of candidates and Percentage of Marks
1. All categories of candidates qualified in VET for admission into B. V. Sc & A.H. Programme (Based on rank)
2.NEC-sponsored & Departmental candidates deputed by the Govt./Govt. Agencies & candidates from tea growing states of India to specialize in Tea Husbandry & Technology under the Faculty of Agriculture.
3. Candidates under
"Rest of India" quota in Horticulture & Sericulture .
All degree programmes for all categories of candidates belonging to the State of Assam passing 10+2 examination in science stream other than B. V. Sc & A.H viz.,
1. B.Sc(Hons) Agriculture
2. B.Sc.(Hons) Community Science
3. B.Sc.(Hons) Horticulture
4. B.Sc.(Hons) Sericulture
Counseling for NRI/NRI-sponsored candidates and wards of Kashmiri migrants for all degree programmes and Higher Fee Category candidates for B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture programme will be held on 20-07-2018 (Friday).
|Master's Degree Programmes
||Ph.D Degree Programmes
||For all disciplines across the Faculties
Instruction for the Candidates
1. The candidates are required to submit the application online. Request for change of data and other information in the submitted application will not be entertained in any case.
2. No separate call letters will be issued to the candidates for appearing in the counseling. The list of candidates in order of merit will be uploaded in the University website, www.aau.ac.in on July 10, 2018.
3. The candidate shall have to submit the payment slips(s), Confirmation Sheet and self-attested copies of all relevant testimonials at the time of counseling, failure of which will result in cancellation of his/her candidature. The candidate must produce the testimonials in original during counseling.
4. Candidates, if selected, shall have to take admission immediately after the counseling on payment of necessary fees as given in the Information Bulletin. A candidate failing to take admission on the day shall forfeit the seat.
5. Failure to report to the Selection Committee in person as per time schedule shall have no claim for the seat.
6. Appearing in the counseling does not guarantee right to admission in any programme. Selection Committee reserves the right to accept or reject a candidate under the rules.
7. In case the seats are exhausted before all the candidates appear for counseling, the University will not be responsible for non-availability of seats.
8. Candidates once admitted, inter-college transfer will not be permitted in subsequent counseling(s)
9. No relaxation on the above shall be allowed under any circumstances.